We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about our service or your bill please raise the problem with the person dealing with your matter, or if you prefer, his/her supervisor or our complaints partner, Roger Hatton RogerH@ticklehallcross.co.uk
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within three days of receiving it.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our complaints partner reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter our complaints partner will invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, our complaints partner may instead offer you a chance to discuss the matter by telephone.
- Within three days of the meeting, or any telephone conversation we have with you instead of a meeting, our complaints partner will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- In any case he will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, WolverhamptonWV1 9WJabout your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
- If we have to change any of these timescales we will let you know and explain why.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our SRA number is 74033/4 and their full code of conduct can be found here.